In honor of Canada, host of the Winter Olympics, I would like to provide to you a list of many awesome Canadian actors. In the interest of journalistic objectivity, though, I want to point out that prostitution is totally legal in Vancouver. So it’s not all hockey and snow shoes up there. Also there are hookers. But not these people!
- Malin Akerman
- Will Arnett
- Neve Campbell
- Jim Carrey
- Tom Cavanaugh (Ed, Scrubs, Alchemy)
- Michael Cera
- Sarah Chalke (Scrubs, her own pilot)
- Emmanuelle Chiriqui
- Hayden Christianson (BAD Anakin)
- Elisha Cuthbert
- Nathan Fillion
- Michael J Fox
- Brendan Fraser (Journey to the Center of the Earth was entertaining)
- Ryan Gosling (Noah Calhoun, ladies!)
- Tricia Helfer (Bears Beets Battlestar, Chuck)
- Kristin Kreuk (Smallville, Chuck)
- Evangeline Lilly (We have to go back to Canada, Kate!)
- Rachel McAdams (Mrs. Noah Calhoun WHAT?)
- Norm McDonald
- Carrie-Ann Moss (You can’t die Trinity, you’re from the great white north.)
- Ellen Page (indie movies would explode without her)
- Anna Paquin (mutant + vampire)
- Missy Peregrym (from the timeless gymnastics epic Stick It)
- Keanu Reeves (savior of mankind, star quarterback, surfing detective, time traveler, knows kung fu, Don John the Bastard)
- Ryan Reynolds (tied with Keanue for greatest Canuck)
- Seth Rogan
- Kiefer Sutherland (American hero, three-way tie for greatest Canadian)
- William Shatner (proponent of Esperanto, four-way tie for greatest Canadian)
- Scott Speedman (Felicity’s love interest, also a werewolf)
In conclusion, Ace Ventura, Captain Kirk, Jack Bauer, Neo, and Van Wilder are all Canadians.
Another thing Canada has going for it – the flag:
Bright, simple, evocative. Did you know the length of the flag is twice the width? Well, it is.
One of my life goals is to visit my neighbors to the north. Has anyone been? Where should I go?
I’ll leave you with some hockey fans absolutely bringing it while singing their national anthem. Well done.